- SEND and SEN Information
- SPCEDS SEN Information Report
- What is SEND?
- SEND Reforms (from September 2014)
SEND Reforms (from September 2014)
How will the changes affect my child?
At SPCEDS the changes to 'Special Educational Needs and/or Disability' (SEND) will not affect your child very much. The changes primarily affect how we work in school and will further improve how we work with parents/carers and other professionals. Some of the main changes were:
- We no longer use the terms 'School Action' and 'School Action Plus' and use the term 'SEN Support' instead.
- All 'Statements of Special Educational Needs' have been transferred to an 'Education, Health and Care Plan' instead.
- Parents/carers of pupils with an 'Education, Health and Care Plan' will be given the option to manage the funds attached to the document.