Skip to content ↓


Who is the SENCo?

The SENCo at our school is Charlotte Hardy.

When is the SENCo available and how do I contact her?

Charlotte Hardy does not have a teaching responsibility. If you would like to meet with her to discuss your child's needs then please contact the School office to make an appointment. Alternatively you can email her at

What does the SENCo do? 

Charlotte is responsible for anything relating to 'Special Educational Needs and Disabilities' (SEND) within the school.  This makes sure that any special educational needs are identified and that support is put in place to help them.  Other duties include:

  • Supporting staff
  • Supporting parents/carers
  • Making referrals to outside agencies
  • Linking with outside agencies, gathering advice and making sure that it is put in place
  • Providing the correct help and equipment for pupils
  • Linking with other schools to support transitions
  • Making requests for statutory assessment

How can the SENCo help me?

Charlotte will be able to offer advice about how to identify if your pupil has any special educational needs and what support they might need.  She can make direct referrals to many outside agencies and lead multi-agency meetings to make sure that your child's needs are met in school.  She can also provide advice about any family needs and suggest who can help.